We, BarCamp Angkor 2013 organizers would like to thanks to companies, organizations and participants for all your attendant, support, contribute financial to our event in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
A two days gathering on 23-24 February 2013 was attract over 700 participants to present and participate with 49 topics of 46 speakers.
60% of participants are high school and university students and 40% are from private sector and civil society organization.
The event was opening by H.E. Mao Vuthy, Siem Reap Vice Governor and accompanied by Mr. Nop Vuthy, Deputy Director of Siem Reap department of Education Youth and Sport, Mr. Sean Sovanna, Rector of USEA Mr, several high school principles and representative from USAID’s project named “SPICE”, Online, CellCard and BarCamp Cambodia.
Several oversea barcampers had joined the event including 2 from Philippine, 3 from Thailand, 2 from Singapore, 2 from Spain, 1 from UK, 1 from Denmark, 1 from Japan, 1 from US and 1 from Sweden.
There are several most interesting topics, below are top 10 topics of the event (rated by number of audiences who joined the presentation):
- What do people REALLY do on your website, by Mr. Murray Bourne, Freelance Trainer, from Singapore.
- How to create a meaning Blog, by Mr. Pin Santel, Blogger, Khmerbird.com, Cambodia.
- ArrowDot and Robot, by Mr. Hor Sophanna, Team Leader, Arrow Dot, Cambodia.
- How to Create Video Training Materials & Electronic help guide, by Mr. Chim Monerath, IT Technical support, SPICE project, Cambodia.
- Creativity in Film and Photography, by Mr. Judan Snowzell, Creative Director Worldwide Organization, from United Kingdom.
- Build E-commerce website with Opencart, by Ms Reth Chantharoth, IT Student from Mekong University, Cambodia.
- Basic Photography, by Mr. Keo Oudom, Managing Director, Porpok.com, Cambodia.
- Next generation of CMS TYPO3, by Mr. Math Man and Ms. Phal Sokly, Web Developer, Webessentials, Cambodia.
- Computer and Mobile Software Localization, by Mr. Seng Sutha, Software Translator, SPICE Project, Cambodia.
- Rapid Application Development (RAD), by Mr. Jose de Soto, Linux System Administrator, from SPAIN.
This technology conference is probably the largest one this year in Siem Reap, and we’re delighted to get positive comments from attendees that they look forward to BarCamp Angkor 2014.
The two-day conference was another success thank to the participation of Cambodian tech-enthusiasts, who are willing, open to learn. This event would had not taken place without our committed sponsors, media partners, supporters and volunteers.
In the name of the lead event organizers, we would like to express our profound thank to company/organization.
Once again, thank you for your participation and contribution.
BarCamp Angkor 2013 Organizer Team